Safety Audit is management tool comprising of a systematic ,periodic and objective evaluation of how well the safety organization, management and equipment are performing, with the aim of helps to safeguard a company’s assets by facilitating management control of safety, health and environmental practices and assessing compliance with established standards.
1. Verify compliance with established standards (regulations, internal policies and industry wise standards of practice )
2. Identify deviation from designed and planned operating and maintenance procedure and standards
3. Identify plant condition or operating procedures that could lead to an accident and significant losses to life or property
4. Ensure that the plan and operating and maintenance procedures match the design intent and standards
5. Keep the operating personnel alert to the process hazards & Review operating procedures for necessary revisions
6. Seek to identify equipment or process changes that could have introduced new hazards
7. Ultimate application of new technology to existing hazards & Review adequacy of safety inspections
8. Look for major risk situations recommend measures to improve overall safety performance of the plant
Electrical Safety Audit :
Goals of Team Edge Technologies in Safety Audit are Identifying potential electrical hazards to prevent or minimize loss of life and property by electrical causes such as short circuits, overloading, loose electrical connections etc;
To identify potential electrical hazards, flaws in design system, maintenance system, etc.
Team Edge Process Flow :
Defining scope of Electrical Safety audit based on the specific requirement. Physical inspection of the plant.
Reviewing the role of electrical safety in the total safety system. Review of protection devices / system of the electrical installation.
Review of adequacy of cables, motors, etc. based on actual load current measurements and cable current carrying capacities.
Examination of adequacy of plant lightning protection system as per national and international standards to suggest recommendations as per applicable standards.Review of the hazardous area Review of electrical accidents to identify root cause of the accidents.
Review the EPM (Electrical Preventive Maintenance) programme in the plant and to examine the documentation, checklists, work permit.